Monday, July 31, 2006


DOES GOD EXIST ???
I've been thinking.... and thinking quite deeply at that . Does GOD exist ?? I dont know..... I wonder though..... I wonder whether I am a Believer... I wonder whether I am ..I wonder whether I am an Atheist..... So i've decided to assume one of these characters at a time and over the next few paragraphs try to argue with myself..
Before I start though let me make it clear . I treat all religions equally . I love Hinduism for its freedom . I love Christianity for its openness . And I love Islam for the rigorous dedication it professes over its followers.....I'm not against Jews...Am just not aware of them !!!
I am a believer... Its the most common stand for any person to take... Born into a world of neverending miseries its an obious path taken by people to get rid of problems and start living life... For the more fortunate ones the fact itself is reason enough for them to have a firm belief... The fact that people survive in such a chaotic universe just adds to one's beleif in GOD.. There are numerous things which invoke that feeling of awe in you.. The nature.. the seasons.. the habits of different secies..al contributing to each other.. an intricate web that is surely not possible but for the existence of a supreme power.... A power called GOD .
I am agnostic... We live in a scientific world... a place where all the answers are obtained by science and reason . In that case why do people believe in GOD ? There are no facts.. no reasons.. no firm proof.. then why ? There are no answers... But it raises a question... Is the reason beyond our comprehension.. Are we on a different plane altogether... Is it that we are not trained to do so... I certainly think so... How else do you explain the power of the few real yogis.. Probably there is a reason.. Maybe there is GOD... Or maybe not !!
I am an atheist... I find it hard to believe in GOD... If there is GOD then how do u explain the suffering of people.. of small children... I certainly dont believe in Karma... I think it is more to do with belief rather than anything else... Belief that someone is there for you... someone wil take care of you... Its been imbibed in us from childhood that the " someone " is GOD.. The mind is a powerfull tool.. And to use it belief is a must.... Our predecessors probably realised that and created an identity that everyone could believe in.. GOD.. It was probably the right thing as well.. If i say beleive in u're neighbour and something good will happen.. u'l think i'n nuts !!
If i say believe in GOD and something will happen... u'l immediately do so...
Its probably the way the human mind works... But i feel GOD was created as a tool.. And so his existence is not true...
Hmmm i guess thats all i got to say... am in the same confusion as i was before !!! lol..

3 comments:

Gradwolf said...

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

Lol...you could draw something from these intriguing lines....good post nonetheless...

Anonymous said...

ya nice posting , but you seem to contradict your views here n there..god is power..in whichever form....with varied religion n acceptance of god.. the underlying fact is the love for other living beings....

Anonymous said...

well arjun, frankly frm ur text i feel tht there is some paucity in ur (infact our) knowledge abt god. this is partly due to our elders who hav failed to elevate us frm the primary level. i feel that indians have been stuck in a maelstrom of spirituality failing to acknowledge tht it is a calm and assuaging sea to all problems. regarding god wen u say ur agnostic and the world is scientific, u hav failed to recognise tht sanathana dharma is a science by itself. the vedanta philosophy says ur god but wen u hav attained self-realisation else not. anyway ur equally divine, then WHY THE HELL SHUD V GO 2 TEMPLES TO PRAY GOD???????.
this is the scientific aspect, in a country like India or for tht mater any country no one at tht age wud believe in science so god was the way of making people do good things. even the sabarimala temple after u climb the 18 steps it says "TAT TVAM MASI" meaning i and u r equal. v fail 2 recognise tht and it has bcum a fashion to say tht v r pagans. reasons and facts r plenty bhai. yogis r on a differnt plane than is bcoz they have understood who they r!!! hav u???. next comin 2 karma ,arjun gravitational force exisis whether u believe it or not so does karma. truth does not await any1s approval. without karma tel me y r u born ina place in tht colour in such a family etc it is an account which executes itself. finally every thing lies in ourselves realise urself u would surely navigate on calm seas thereafter. anyway dude gr8 topic sorry if i was acerbic anywhere.